Monday, March 23, 2009

Spotlight on Books and Illustrators



It's been a while since I posted about books! I want to get back into the habit of talking about books and illustrators I like, and I hope to do so on a weekly basis. After all, this blog is about art and books!

Check out the work of Frank W. Dormer. So far he has illustrated two beginning reader books by Lori Ries and one picture book by Diana Hutts Aston, all published by Charlesbridge Press. The stories are adorable and the books have been well received. Frank's illustrations are a big part of their success. I love his style and technique: loose and expressive pen and ink line work and rich watercolor washes.

Look for his books at your public library :-)

3 comments:

  1. Adorable books!thanks for sharing Monica,I'll go and check out for sure ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely style and ....How I ate to be here where children books are always the same and I have to go to an english bookshop to find something new

    ReplyDelete